Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday in Cuba

One of our favorite things to do on the weekend here in Pristina (apart from watching Wildlife SOS on Animal Planet), is to walk around the city in search of good food. This weekend was no exception, and I'm pleased to report that we were hugely successful in our mission. As we walked past the old United Nations headquarters, sadly noting that the 'beware of land-mines' billboard outside the school had been replaced, we stumbled upon....

 'The Cuban.'  



This place is amazing, and unlike anything else we have seen in Kosovo yet. The decor was fantastic, complete with pictures of Che Guevara and antique cigar cases on the wall. And, most importantly, the food was DELICIOUS. In fact, we were so excited about the Chicken Burrito, Tomato Soup, and Caesar Salad, that we had to do a little dance.

Salsa music!

Ooooo yeah! Groovin'
And to think, this place has literally been just across the road from the school the whole time! Safe to say, we will be hanging out here for lunch quite often.

Cigar boxes...

We took some of the rest of the staff to our favorite local restaurant for dinner last night, but apart from that it's been pretty low key. Neil has been grading his high school exam and a couple of other quizzes, and I have been trying to plan for the classes I will begin teaching this week. (This is slightly difficult as I don't actually know which classes I will be teaching or when... no big deal.) As of last week, I am now officially the American School of Kosova Librarian, as well as Foundation English teacher. What all this means... I have yet to find out. I can teach my classes whatever I want, which is both great and overwhelming, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. The library has recently been moved to the very center of the school, literally right in the foyer. Pictures to follow, but imagine me sitting in a glass fishbowl/ zoo display and you aren't far off.

For the rest of our Sunday night, Neil and I are going sit back and relax with a 2 Euro bottle of Kosovo wine... Bliss.

Product of Kosova

1 comment:

  1. Your powers of flexibility continue to amaze me- another class to teach, and no idea what you will be teaching,no big deal.... you are brave!Looks like a scrumptious restaurant with cool decor and atmosphere.Has the no smoking started yet?

    ReplyDelete