
An investigator for the Council of Europe is calling for a new probe into evidence that some members of the Kosovo Liberation Army killed Serbian prisoners in order to sell their organs on the black market. Dick Marty, a Swiss prosecutor, has introduced new information regarding the illegal organ ring that was operating after the war and has also made claims that many of the most well known current Kosovar politicians (who are coincidently also ex-guerrilla soldiers and leaders) were not only involved in "score-settling" but are now heavily involved with organized crime.
Kosovo's interim president, Jakup Krasniqi, said in a statement Wednesday that the Council of Europe report "is clearly biased" and "represents the efforts of certain circles to compare the just and heroic struggle of the people of Kosovo...with the massacres of the Serbian regime of Slobodan Milosevic."
I don't want to be too political in this blog because I don't have all the facts and I also work with many Kosovars but from what I've read and heard, although the Serbian rule and war in 1999 was horrible; when the Kosovars returned back into Kosovo after the war, any Serbians who were left suffered and equally terrible fate at the hands of the Kosovars. "Score-settling" as it is often called, was so brutal that today only a handful of Serbs remain in the country in small gated enclaves that have to be guarded 24-7 by UN forces.
War is never easily dissected.

Here's the BBC clip:
No comments:
Post a Comment